The Indian Army has become a victim of trolling on social media for a while now. Recently, a fake letter of Indian Army is being spread widely on the internet and it’s causing worry for the Indian Defence. At the top of the letter is written – Secret and the letter pad is Directorate of Military Intelligence, Delhi.
Subject: – Recent Status of Motivation of Indian Army jawans. It has been written that a study has been done to know the motivation of the army. The time period between September 2012 and October 2017 was reported. The things that came up in these 5 years and that’s what makes this letter controversial. And the same tells that there is a jolt in the letter.
Read the letter. The Twitter account of the Indian Army has also tweeted about this letter. It is said that if any such letter comes to you, then refute it and inform the army.
#MisinformationCampaign. A fake letter masquerading to be of Indian Army being circulated in Whatsapp. Request guard against such misinformation against #IndianArmy & inform #ADGPI for pro-active action. pic.twitter.com/VOWp0UPOZx
— ADG PI – INDIAN ARMY (@adgpi) November 18, 2017
First look at these points-
A. Motivation and the passion of fighting have been found at the lowest level in all three forces till now.
B. There are 5 reasons behind falling morale-
1. Due to eating and drinking on the Kashmir and other important forward locations, the poor condition of other facilities.
2. Unexpected increase in cases of homosexuality. (532 case officers and 2267 case soldiers in last 5 years)
3. Arrangement of martyrs’ families is not properly arranged.
4. Discrimination according to religion and Hindu caste system between officials and soldiers.
5. Exploitation of soldiers by officials.
C. Due to all the above mentioned factors, the rate of suicides in the Army has crossed the figure of nearly 100 per year from 2012 to 2017.